Discover official information about the Society: from our governing constitution and records, to day-to-day policies we use to keep everyone safe.
The Constitution is a document that governs how the Society is to be run. It can only be changed by a successful motion at a General Meeting, and changes also need to be approved the Bristol SU Societies’ Executive Board.
- April 2019 revision (Current) – Approved by University of Bristol Students’ Union Societies’ Executive Board
- April 2018 revision
- April 2017 revision
- April 2016 revision
The committee produces or updates policies every year to create guidelines for running our activities. However, not all policies are published here, and these may not always be the latest versions.
- General Risk Assessment
- Refund Policy
- Feedback and Complaints Procedure
- Stores Safety Notice
- Driving Policy – please request a copy from your Trip Leader, asking for Section 8 of the Handbook (Collecting Vehicles).
Annual General Meeting Minutes
Every year, the Society has an Annual General Meeting (AGM), and all our members are welcome. Here, we elect a new committee, and vote on any proposed changes to the Constitution. We send details of the AGM, and any other General Meetings, to members in the newsletter.
The executive committee run the Society’s day-to-day activities, and is chaired by the President.
Our financial documents are available to current members on request from the incumbent Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 2017-18: Waiting on year-end.
- 2016-17: Income Statement, Balance Sheet – submitted for audit on 11 July 2017 to University of Bristol Students’ Union Finance Department
- 2015-16: Balance Sheet
Financial Rules and Regulations
- February 2017